Wednesday Jul 20, 2022
7 Tips for Hiring Managers
Jackie Ferguson, Talent Acquisition Specialist at OneScreen.ai, has a few tips for hiring managers to help them fill a pool with better candidates and retain them after you get them! She joins Jeanne for this episode of Table Fries, 7 Tips for Hiring Managers.
1. Be flexible. People looking for a new position usually work elsewhere and have to conduct interviews after hours and during lunches. Keep time zones in mind.
2. Piggybacking on being flexible is leaving extra time between interviews for those special candidates that ask great questions that you become super interested in taking to the next step in the hiring process. Don't pack your schedule so tightly that you have to cut people short because as the time gets closer to your next interview, you have already left the focus of the one you are currently in.
3. Check in with the hiring manager after the interview. Are they ready to move that candidate to the next round?
4 Check in with the candidate after. What was their feedback to the interview? Can you learn from them to conduct a more effective interview the next time?
5. Use LinkedIn Recruiter to source candidates based on job titles, and industries. (reminder to candidates - ensure every element of your LinkedIn profile is current).
6. Keep details on the candidates you reached out to, or that made it to the next round. They may not have fit at the time for that position, but people's situations change. You may want to reach out to them again for another position later.
7 How are you staying current on trends and tools? Jackie hosts a "lunch and learn" regularly to review their process for interviewing any new laws or concerns. If your supervisor isn't doing this, ask them if they would consider it.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.